Been busy the past few days, I'm going to try to actually finish one of the draft posts I've started and hidden on you. I promise this won't go completely quiet.
Meanwhile I've been making bunches of chainmail, playing with my new poi, and realizing I need a video camera that I can use as direct input/webcam mode on my laptop as well as for recording. If anyone has any advice on inexpensive models that might serve for this, please let me know.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart - Engaging tale of a band of gifted children on a quest to save the world from an evil mind controller. 4.5 of 5 stars, easy read.
Made my friend Eileen a bracelet tonight, hope it fits. Found out that it only takes about 40 minutes of work to make now, so instead of a substantive post, you get OVERLOADED WITH PICTURES!
Step 1: Individual Chains
Make two European 4-in-1 chains, one with metal outsides, one with rubber insides. (In the picture, the blue is metal, the black is rubber)
Step 2: Two are made one!
Seam the two chains together into one singular chain. This is where it starts looking AWESOME.
Step DONE: Yep, Done.
Join both ends of the chain together, ready to attach the wrist!
That's how it's done.
I had a wonderful day for a lot of reasons today.
- Watched the Caprica Pilot again last night - don't spoil the show for me, I need to catch it on hulu.
- Slept late this morning - always awesome
- Did laundry! - I hear clean clothing is all the rage now
- ... other things
- Sold chainmaille! - People actually bought something I made \o/
No links today, wasn't online... like AT ALL (maybe I should add that to the list).