I finished 2014 by reading through all of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series (14 books in 2 months). This post is for a collection of things read this year. I plan to update it each chance I get.
Short Stories and Books
- Hello Moto by Nnedi Okorafor read 2015-01-02 recommended by jcamins
- Kabu Kabu by Nnedi Okorafor (collection of short stories) read 2015-01-02 to 2015-01-07 recommended by jcamins
- The Secret World Chronicles by Mercedes Lackey (Humble Bundle ed.) ISBN 9781939230140 finished 2015-01-13
- The God Engines by John Scalzi finished 2015-01-14
- Mogworld by Yahtzee Croshaw finished 2015-01-20
- Arcanum 101: Welcome New Students by Rosemary Edghill and Mercedes Lackey finished 2015-01-21
- Jumper by Steven Gould finished 2015-01-22
- Zombies vs. Unicorns edited by Justine Larbalestier and Holly Black finished 2015-01-28
- Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves finished 2015-01-29
Radio Plays and Audiobooks
- "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Primary Phase" listened 2015-01-05
- "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Secondary Phase" listened 2015-01-06
Thing I learned today:
Duck typing is a cute name for the very powerful (and lazy) object typing method of not caring what you're handed and running your code on it anyway.
First pull request on someone else's project on github.
Books in progress:
CouchDB: The Complete Guide
Out to spin fire with the family!
Been busy the past few days, I'm going to try to actually finish one of the draft posts I've started and hidden on you. I promise this won't go completely quiet.
Meanwhile I've been making bunches of chainmail, playing with my new poi, and realizing I need a video camera that I can use as direct input/webcam mode on my laptop as well as for recording. If anyone has any advice on inexpensive models that might serve for this, please let me know.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart - Engaging tale of a band of gifted children on a quest to save the world from an evil mind controller. 4.5 of 5 stars, easy read.